Tuesday 8 November 2011

Day 9!!!

Hello! And welcome to day 9!

I dont have long so expect this to make little sense! :)

Well, it is Tuesday afternoon and i havent blogged since Saturday so i have much to tell.

On Sunday, my day of rest I did exactly that. Myself and the other girls went for lunch at a near by hotel which was very pretty, they have elephants there so i am going back this Sunday to go for a walk with them and help feed them. Other than that Sunday was just really relaxed...and i managed to upload some photos for you all finally!

Yesterday, turned out to be fairly quiet as well. As it was leaving day for Jerry and Julie two of the Volunteers, they had to be taken to the airport at 2.30pm so by the afternoon we were pretty much finished for the day. I spent the morning cleaning the cubs house which was hot and as many of you know, with humans baby poo is a lot stinkier and runnier, and this is pretty much the case with cubs as well...the stuff was everywhere! Little sods! Tyson made up for it this morning when he jumped on my back and gave me a huge cuddle, so that was nice!

When we were done cleaning yesterday we had to go and do out grocery shop which was your standard trip to Spar, i treated myself to a pizza which happens to be buy one get one free on lunch times, so i should have got 2 but somehow ended up with 4 pizzas! So i dont know what i did wrong there...i still have 2 left at the cottage...strange!

A lovely young girl called Cat arrived at the cottage last night, she will be here for 2 weeks and seems really nice. She talks a lot and has many stories as has just come from New Zealand so thats cool. There was a bit of drama last night which got on my wick a bit...we were getting ready for bed and Anna the Swedish girl was upstairs...all of a sudden she started screaming! Now, earlier there had been a mouse in the lounge which she wasnt very happy about but i thought the poor little squeaker couldnt have possibly made it up the stairs...anyway, tuens out there was a bat in our room which is quite common because the cottage is made of wood and has big rafters so that can get in sometimes...Anyway, Anna was getting quite hysterical about it, Cat and I headed up to calm the storm  and the bat to be fair was tiny...I tried the scientific approach by explaining to Anna that Bats are very clever and let out very high pitched screams so that the sound can vibrate off of objects helping them not to bump into things, 'I KNOW! BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO EAT ME!' Anna exclaimed! Bewildered I couldnt think of anything to entertain this comment so suggested that she move into the next bedroom...she didnt like that idea...After some more screeching which by now was getting slightly vexing i suggested that we all move into the next bedroom so that she could relax...to this she responded 'YEAH BUT IF WE GO IN THERE THE MOUSE MIGHT GET ME!'...well, im a pretty reasonable person and sensitive at the best of times, but that was just bloody ridiculous so i got into bed told Anna to put her eye mask and ear buds in and i switched my lamp off! I mean honestly! It upset me when she said that she wanted it to be so scared that it would die and fall from the ceiling!!! And if that did happen it would have landed on my head! But im glad it didnt, it was gone this morning so it must have gone back into the roof...or Anna secretly killed it and hid it under her pillow or something...I should check that when i get back...Hmmmmmm...

This morning Cat had her Orientation around the farm and Anna and I had to head back to the lion park to skin some more meat. There isnt a cloud in the sky today and it is HOT! So the smell was even more putrid, but the meat was fresher which meant it was softer which meant that we managed to get through a lot more of it! And it meant we got to go and see the lion cubs again which was nice. On the way back to the farm Kevin drove past in his bakkie and stopped to introduce himself which was nice, good to finally meet him, he will be back to show us his interacting with the lions Napoleon and Tau next week which will be really cool to see. I tried to act cool, but every time i try to act cool i just end up looking like ive got a dodgy eye so i just put my sunglasses on and kept quiet!

This avo its feeding time...so sweat and blook here I come...LUSH! I dont mind, its cool really, see how many names i can remember.

Ok my friends, i shall be back to blog on Thursday, so be good...and if you cant be good be careful!

2 comments:

  1. That should say 'sweat and blood' obvs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like one of the *Old Timers Now* Holly. Glad to see you had a bit of a rest ready for the new week. Did try and call but ya phone was off xxxx

    ReplyDelete